Monday, November 9, 2009

Swimming Lessons at Sooner Pool



3 Amigos


Last day of swimming lessons. The kids took lessons with their cousins, Lucas, Izzy and Mack. I have fond memories of Sooner Pool. I used to take swimming lessons there in the summer and spent countless hours there as a kid. My aunt, Marianne was a teenager and she was a lifeguard, I thought she was so cool--still do! They recently made some nice improvements, they took out the old kiddie pool and added a splash pad, the little and big kids love it.


2 comments:

Allison said...

Ah, Sooner Pool! I remember swimming there with you and Marianne catching us when we jumped off the diving board (now that I think about it, that sounds really dangerous, so maybe that wasn't what was really happening, but it's how I remember it!) So fun that you get to relive childhood memories through your kids!

vaclaw family said...

I knew I'd get a comment out of you on this post, Youngberg! Haha, no she really did catch us off the board, but that was back in the day... I don't think we wore seatbelts much or had germ-x how did we survive the 80s?!