Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hawaii 2009

We went to Hawaii the last week of May with my family. Jon and Mary couldn't make it because their baby was due too close to this time. We decided to leave our kids with Tyler's mom and take the opportunity to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I was about 6 months pregnant and knew this would possibly be our last chance at a vacation without kids for awhile!

This is an areal shot of Turtle Bay where we stayed.

I was super nervous to go in the helicopter, it was an incredible ride though.

This was our 3rd time to go to Hawaii together and 2nd time to go to Oahu, we spent most of our time on the North Shore in The Villas at Turtle Bay. This was actually my 2nd time to go 6 months pregnant! Our 2nd trip was to the big island, Hawaii for Jon and Mary's wedding in Kona. We took Katie who was 2 at the time and I was pregnant with Logan. We love the more rustic relaxed environment on the North Shore as opposed to Honolulu. Some of the highlights of our trip include visiting Pearl Harbor on Memorial Day, going to the PCC, snorkeling at Shark's Cove, (Tyler actually hooked a ride on a sea turtle), helicopter tour, Tyler and the boys swam with sharks in Haleiwa, laying on the beach and gorging ourselves at the shrimp shacks and shaved ice on almost every corner. The Temple was closed for re-modeling but we enjoyed the visitors center and attended the Laie 7th ward, it was awesome. We almost didn't go to the Polynesian Cultural Center because we went to it 9 years ago, but I am so glad we did, a lot has changed and their show is incredible. It is a must do if you ever find yourself in Hawaii. Another must do is rent a convertible, it was really fun! We love it there, it is truly paradise, hope we can visit again soon, and I really hope to not be pregnant next time!

2 comments:

Arkansas Vaclaw's said...

I have been reading all of your "catch up" posts and I am seriously impressed!! I can't believe how much detail you are remembering from each experience. I would have mostly just said..."here we are in Hawaii and it was fun and here is where we stayed... oh and here we are at Christmas etc. etc. etc. the end!" I could never remember all of the detail you are posting!! You are definitely not suffering from "memory loss from having kids" Love you!!! You're AWESOME!!

Springers said...

That is one place I have not been. I would love to go to Hawaii! Maybe next year for our 10 year I can get Sam to take me!